Paper Plus "My Big Deal" VIP Club
Terms and Conditions
The Paper Plus "My Big Deal" VIP Club is a facility which will allow each club member to receive exclusive benefits, additional deals on products and accumulate My Big Deal Dollars on purchases made at any Paper Plus store or online at www.paperplus.co.nz, and are not available to other shoppers. Membership to the My Big Deal VIP Club programme is free.
These are the terms and conditions ("Terms") upon which you can be a member of the "My Big Deal" VIP Club. Participation in the Club is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
The Club and the Card
- The "My Big Deal" VIP Club ("Club") is managed by Paper Plus New Zealand Limited ("Paper Plus").
A Club member ("Member") is a person who has applied for, obtained and registered a Paper Plus "My Big Deal" VIP Club card ("My Big Deal Card"). There are three categories of membership available:
- My Big Deal Consumer ("MBD Consumer");
- My Big Deal for Business ("MBD Business");
- The My Big Deal Card is not a credit or charge card and no amount standing to the credit of a My Big Deal Card shall be refunded or exchanged for cash.
- Each application for membership of the Club is subject to acceptance by Paper Plus in its absolute discretion.
Earning My Big Deal Dollars
- For every qualifying purchase made by a Member at a Paper Plus store or online at www.paperplus.co.nz, My Big Deal Dollars ("MBDD") will be earned at the following rate: $0.30 spend = MBD$0.01.
- A MBDD$5 voucher will be issued and loaded by Paper Plus onto the My Big Deal Card on every accumulated spend of $150 ("Voucher"). The Voucher shall be valid for a period of three months from the date of issue ("Validity Period"). Any remaining MBDD at the end of the Validity Period cannot be redeemed.
- The MBDD rate, accumulated spend threshold for a Voucher and the Voucher Validity Period may be adjusted from time to time by Paper Plus in its absolute discretion by notice to the Members. Paper Plus may also notify the Members from time to time of special promotions relating to the earning or redemption of MBDD.
- The Member can redeem the balance standing to the credit of their My Big Deal Card by purchasing product from any Paper Plus store. No MBDD can be earned on purchases made, or any part of purchases made, with MBDD.
- MBDD cannot be earned on account payments, purchasing Gift Cards, prepaid postal items, stamps, Kiwibank products, Lotto products, phone cards, newspapers, agency products or services and such other products as may be notified by Paper Plus to the Members from time to time.
- The Member must present their My Big Deal Card at the Paper Plus store in order to earn or redeem MBDD. For online purchases made at www.paperplus.co.nz, the Member must enter the relevant details in order to access their My Big Deal account to earn MBDD.
- MBDD cannot be redeemed on online purchases made at www.paperplus.co.nz
- MBDD may be redeemed for the full purchase price of any Paper Plus product, and may also be redeemed against part of the purchase price of such product.
- The balance on your card can be checked at any time by either visiting the My Big Deal page at www.paperplus.co.nz or by visiting any Paper Plus store.
- A Member's MBDD will reset to zero(0) if the Member fails to redeem any card balance in any continuous period of 24 months.
My Big Deal Consumer VIP Club
- You must present your My Big Deal VIP card in store at time of purchase to receive My Big Deal Exclusive Cardholder pricing and offers.
- Selected My Big Deal Exclusive Cardholder offers are available online. You must be logged into your account to receive these offers.
- The number of My Big Deal Exclusive Cardholder offers will vary from month to month based on stock and availability in each store.
Limitations upon Use
- A My Big Deal Card is nontransferable and may not be returned, exchanged for cash or cancelled. No change, refund, credit or cash will be given for any unused amount on a My Big Deal Card.
- A My Big Deal Card may not be used to pay any account with Paper Plus, or to purchase prepaid postal items, stamps, Kiwibank products, Lotto products, phone cards, newspapers and any other agency products or services offered for sale by Paper Plus.
- Fly Buys points can be earned when redeeming MBDD against Paper Plus products being purchased and in those circumstances normal Fly Buys terms and conditions at time of redemption apply.
- A Member's membership of the Club will cease if the Member fails to redeem any card balance in any continuous period of 24 months. In that event, any balance standing to the credit of the Member on their My Big Deal Card at the cessation date will become the property of Paper Plus.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, any liability that Paper Plus may have to a Member relating in any way to the Club whether for negligence, breach of contract or otherwise is limited to the sum of $100. All conditions and warranties whether express or implied and whether arising under statute or otherwise, are expressly excluded to the full extent permitted by law.
- A Member agrees to indemnify and hold Paper Plus and its officers, staff and franchisees harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense related to or arising from a Member's violation of these Terms, from membership of the Club and from the use of the Paper Plus website.
- Paper Plus shall not be liable for a failure or delay in performance in connection with the operation of the Club where such failure or delay is caused by Act of God (such as fire, flood or earthquake), state of emergency, war, Act of Parliament, governmental or regional or local authority restraint, legislation or bylaw, strike, industrial action, lockout, difficulty in procuring components or materials, technical difficulties or interference, equipment malfunction, shortage of labour, lack of skilled labour, delays in transit, failure or delays by franchisees, suppliers or subcontractors, failure, delay or inability to obtain any necessary authorisation, legislative, departmental or other prohibition or restrictions, legal action, injunction or threat or reasonably anticipated threat of injunction or other legal action by any person or other causes whatsoever (whether similar in nature or not to the foregoing) beyond Paper Plus' reasonable control.
Security and Registration
- Ownership of the My Big Deal Card is retained by Paper Plus. It is each Member's responsibility to keep the My Big Deal Card safe and its use is that Member's responsibility.
- Paper Plus is not responsible for a stolen or lost My Big Deal Card, and is not responsible for any loss that may result from unauthorised use of a My Big Deal Card by any person.
- The Member may register the My Big Deal Card online. Registration provides an increased degree of security for a Member in that a My Big Deal Card which has been registered may be deactivated by the Member at any time if it is lost or stolen. A Member may deactivate the My Big Deal Card in any Paper Plus store, or online at www.paperplus.co.nz.
- If a Member loses a My Big Deal Card the Member must notify Paper Plus on 0800MYDEAL immediately. Paper Plus may provide a replacement My Big Deal Card once it is satisfied a My Big Deal Card has been lost. Paper Plus may charge a service fee of $5 for each replacement My Big Deal Card which it issues to a Member and that charge will be deducted from that Member's My Big Deal Card balance.
- If a Member's contact details change, the Member must promptly inform Paper Plus either through the Members' section of the My Big Deal page on the www.paperplus.co.nz, or by completing a Change of Contact Details form in any Paper Plus store. If a Member does promptly register that change of contact details, Paper Plus will not be liable for any loss suffered by Member as result of any unauthorised use of that Member's My Big Deal Card, or otherwise.
Changes and Cessation
- Paper Plus may from time to time amend these Terms. The text of any amendments will be posted on the Paper Plus website. An amendment will come into force immediately they are posted to the Paper Plus website. Members who have registered their email address with Paper Plus for contact purposes will also be notified by email. Any general notices relevant to all Members (or a category of Member) that are to be provided by Paper Plus under these Terms may be posted on the My Big Deal section of the Paper Plus website.
- Paper Plus reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Club and programme (or any category of membership) at any time by providing not less than three (3) calendar months notice to Members. Notice of suspension or cancellation will be made by posting notice of such suspension or cancellation as the case may be on the My Big Deal page of the Paper Plus website.
- In the event that the Club is suspended or cancelled, no balance standing to the credit of a Member on that Member's My Big Deal Card shall be refundable or transferable however a Member may redeem his or her unused My Big Deal Card balance for goods purchased from Paper Plus at any time within one (1) year of the date of suspension or cancellation ("cessation period"). At the conclusion of the cessation period, any unredeemed balance on a My Big Deal Card will be forfeited to Paper Plus.
- A Member's membership in the Club may be terminated by Paper Plus immediately if Paper Plus has reasonable grounds to believe that the Member as acted dishonestly in his or her dealings with Paper Plus or has been found to have shoplifted or defrauded Paper Plus and/or the Club in any way.
Paper Plus may terminate the membership of a Member without notice if that Member:
- fails to comply with these Terms:
- engages in misleading or deceptive conduct in connection with the Club and/or its programme;
- does not use his or her My Big Deal Card for a period of 24 months; or
- dies or becomes bankrupt.
- A Member may terminate his or her membership in the Club at any time by giving written notice to Paper Plus. The provisions of these Terms shall continue to apply to any person who has terminated his or her membership of the Club Personal Information and Communications
- Paper Plus recognizes the importance of respecting the privacy of its My Big Deal Club members. Paper Plus may collect information about a Member when that person registers a My Big Deal Card and throughout the time the member holds a My Big Deal Card. Paper Plus (or others acting on its behalf) may use personal information it holds for administering the Club, for marketing purposes associated with the Club and for other Paper Plus marketing and related matters.
- Paper Plus will not sell or give information concerning a Member to any third party to use for purposes unrelated to the Club or Paper Plus purposes.
- A Member may ask to see the information that Paper Plus holds about that Member at any time, and if the Member thinks it is incorrect or incomplete, the Member can request that it be corrected or completed, or deleted. A Member is responsible to ensure that information he or she gives to Paper Plus is correct.
- Paper Plus keeps information concerning the use by all members of the website www.paperplus.co.nz. However Paper Plus does not keep that information in a form which relates to an individual member's personal computer.
- A Member agrees that Paper Plus may send the Member emails with information about the Club or with information generally relating to Paper Plus and it marketing and retailing activities, such as newsletters and product offering announcements. Any such communication will include detail as to how a Member may be removed from the mailing list, if a Member wishes to unsubscribe.
For further information about the Paper Plus My Big Deal VIP Club, you may contact Paper Plus at the following email address with your enquiry firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0800MYDEAL